[openstack-community] New OpenStack Venezuela User Group

Atul Jha Atul.Jha at csscorp.com
Tue Mar 19 04:30:09 UTC 2013

Hi,

<snip>
Hello,

We are deploying the first Private Open Cloud using OpenStack in Venezuela. 5 Cisco UCS (2x10 core and 128 GB RAM) + 20 TB on Netapp to store Images and VM (using live migration).

With OpenStack we are going to get reduce highly the lapse between a Virtual Machine is requested and the VM is delivered.

My team and I have been working hard to learn from scratch about OpenStack. We started our lab using Essex over 3 servers, first with ubuntu 12.04 and later with Centos 6 . When Folsom came out in October 2012 we reconfigured the lab to implement Quantum (to replace the nova-network).

We presented the project to our staff (Manager and Coordinators) and they approved to deploy the cloud in our company. At this time, we have ready and automated the Operative System and OpenStack installation through scripts and the plan to configure and deploy a production enviroment has begun.

Also, we've started the Venezuela OpenStack User Group because want to share our knowledment and experience but need to know how or some help to include the group inside https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/OpenStack_User_Groups

We have:

Google+

https://plus.google.com/communities/118105990522935078913

tweeter: @openstackve

Google Groups

https://groups.google.com/d/forum/openstack-ve

Also, we reserve the domain openstack.org.ve<http://openstack.org.ve>.  The next step will be hire a web server and with help of the Venezuelan's community to keep growing the group)

This project and the Venezuela Group is a big and good challenge.

Ing. Ender Mujica.
Email:  emujicad at gmail.com<http://gmail.com>
</snip>

Great initiative, looking forward to know more about it.
Let us know how we can help.

Cheers!!

Atul Jha

@koolhead17