[openstack-community] Pre & Post Summit events in Asia

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Mon Jul 15 16:26:42 UTC 2013

On 07/15/2013 05:29 AM, Dave Neary wrote:
> My suggestion would be:

+1 for all the suggestions Dave made.

> Then, plan the road show for the week after the Summit, with an event
> every second day in SW Asia

If I understand correctly you're imagining one or more travelling groups
of people going together from, say, Hong Kong to Shanghai to Danang to
Seoul. I was thinking more of one or two people going to *one* place
after Hong Kong as it would multiply the opportunities and be less
demanding on the speakers. The time commitment would probably be of an
extra 3, 4 days after the Hong Kong event.

I'd suggest we setup a call for speakers (an online form and a message
to the lists + blog post) as soon as possible to evaluate if there is
enough people willing to stay in the area after the Summit. We can then
try to match the offers with the requests to host events and adjust rapidly.

Thoughts?

/stef