[openstack-community] Bringing focus to the Operators and Users at the next summit

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Mon Dec 16 19:24:58 UTC 2013

[not sure the 'community' list is the most appropriate one where to have
this conversation. I think it's more appropriate for the User Committee.
Shall we move it there?]

On 12/15/2013 08:09 AM, John Dickinson wrote:

> When considering any OpenStack project in production system, many
> factors must be considered. These are the sort of questions that come
> up every day as part of a sales process (even if that sales process
> is simply convincing other internal people to use something).

Indeed, your comment confirms that one way to close the loop is to
establish a formal forum for product and project managers to talk and
bring to the OpenStack developer their expertise. I think that product
managers should be able to speak more fluently in terms that developers
can understand and these conversations lead to improvements faster.
Thoughts?

/stef