[OpenStack Marketing] Bulletin: Next meeting: new logo, marketing portal, collaborative campaign

Heidi Joy Tretheway heidijoy at openstack.org
Mon Aug 15 17:24:06 UTC 2016

OpenStack Marketing Bulletin
Aug. 15, 2016

Please mark your calendar for our next Marketing Community Meeting on Thursday, Aug. 18 at 2 p.m. Pacific/ 1900 UTC <https://zoom.us/j/5038169769>. We’re using Zoom, a Linux-compatible video meeting platform, and we’d love to see your face (but you don’t have to join by video if you’re feeling shy).

Meeting login details:
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/5038169769
Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll):  +16465588656,5038169769# or +14086380968,5038169769#
Or Telephone:
    Dial: +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll) or +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll)
    Meeting ID: 503 816 9769
    International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=E5Gcj6WHnrCsWmjQRQr7KFsXkP9nAIaP

Meeting agenda:
OpenStack is refreshing our logo. Get a sneak peek into what we’ll be launching in Barcelona, with full adoption planned by the Boston Summit in May 2017. You’ll hear about timelines and community assets as well.
Our Marketing Portal also got a complete overhaul. See the new space to get immediate access to assets, collateral, and useful links.
Get an update on the marketing community’s collaborative campaign. We’ve selected top users and verticals to feature in an integrated, multimedia campaign.

If you missed the last meeting where we presented OpenStack’s marketing plan for the next six months, you can still download the recording <https://openstack.webex.com/openstack/lsr.php?RCID=0fb23a5c47d34f24c9785e3127a44324>, or view the streaming presentation <https://openstack.webex.com/openstack/ldr.php?RCID=dbfd3f874b72a3c21d277d68a723384b>, which runs just 37 minutes. You can also download the slides <https://www.dropbox.com/s/ozzxbzw5oegls4f/OpenStack%20Marketing%20Plan%202H%202016.pptx?dl=0>.

OPENSTACK SUMMIT BARCELONA
Attendee registration <https://openstacksummit2016barcelona.eventbrite.com/> - Prices increase on September 2
Call for sponsors <https://www.openstack.org/summit/barcelona-2016/sponsors/> - September 12 deadline
Visa invitation request <https://www.openstack.org/summit/barcelona-2016/travel/#visa> - October 3 deadline
Hotel discount room blocks  <https://www.openstack.org/summit/barcelona-2016/travel/#hotels>
Local’s Guide to Barcelona <https://www.openstack.org/summit/barcelona-2016/city-guide/>
JOB OPPORTUNITY
We’re hiring on the OpenStack events team! We’re looking for an OpenStack Summit Programming Manager <http://www.openstack.org/community/jobs/view/2917/openstack-summit-programming-manager> who will help ensure we’re programming the best quality and most relevant content for the OpenStack Summits, and possibly support other community events such as OpenStack Days or speakers / workshops at industry events. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the various audiences attending the OpenStack Summit, and determine how we can best source, organize and communicate content for each audience.

The OpenStack Marketing Bulletin is a resource for the OpenStack marketing community, distributed every 2-4 weeks to the marketing mailing list <http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/marketing>. You’ll find upcoming events <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1N6Fi1iAgpkDKMkcaTh8s7pwPzwjKuPzJJdgxR8bA29E/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=992025170.>, opportunities to participate, fresh content <http://www.openstack.org/marketing>, and important dates. Watch for future marketing meetings <https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/Foundation/Marketing#Open_Marketing_Meetings_2014.2F2015> (use this link to see past agendas, slides, and recordings too). The bulletin is edited by Heidi Joy Tretheway <mailto:heidijoy at openstack.org> and your contributions are welcome.

______
Heidi Joy Tretheway
Senior Marketing Manager, OpenStack Foundation
503 816 9769  |  skype: heidi.tretheway