[OpenStack Marketing] Please help us encourage OpenStack user survey participation

Heidi Joy Tretheway heidijoy at openstack.org
Tue Sep 15 13:26:38 UTC 2015

Greetings, marketing community!

As you know, we've run a survey of OpenStack deployers and application developers since April 2013. We've added new questions and options to this cycle's survey, and we're asking for your support to generate great feedback that will be shared the next OpenStack Summit <http://www.openstack.org/summit>, October 27-30 in Tokyo.

The link and instructions to take the survey are here: https://www.openstack.org/user-survey <https://www.openstack.org/user-survey>. If an organization already participated, they simply need to log back in to update their Deployment Profile--no need to start from scratch. If the survey is more than 12 months old, it has expired, and we are encouraging users to take this time to update their existing profiles so they can be included in the upcoming analysis. The information provided is confidential and will only be presented in aggregate, unless the user specifically consents to making certain elements public.

As marketers, you understand the value of data we can collect with this survey. If you make one contribution to the project this year, please use your company communications channels to promote the survey through user groups and even reach out directly to your OpenStack customer base. The more users we have participating, the better we can leverage this information.

The deadline to fill out the survey is Friday, Sept. 25 at 23:59 UTC/ 4:59 p.m. Pacific. Please retweet this survey promotion (https://twitter.com/OpenStack/status/643483292944084992) <https://twitter.com/OpenStack/status/643483292944084992)> and leverage the text below for your communications efforts.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Heidi Joy

_____________
Example Text:
Subject: Answer the OpenStack user survey to influence our roadmap

If you are an OpenStack user or have customers with OpenStack deployments, please take a few minutes to respond to our User Survey or pass it along to your network.

The first User Survey conducted April 2013 provided great insight to the types of deployments and technology decisions made by the OpenStack community. You can see the most recent results in the Superuser article from May 2015 highlighting the user survey analysis: http://superuser.openstack.org/articles/openstack-users-share-how-their-deployments-stack-up <http://superuser.openstack.org/articles/openstack-users-share-how-their-deployments-stack-up>

Start the survey here: https://www.openstack.org/user-survey <https://www.openstack.org/user-survey>. Please complete the User Survey by Friday, Sept. 25 at 23:59 UTC/16:59 Pacific. If you already completed the survey, there's no need to start over. You can simply log back in to update your Deployment Profile, as well as take the opportunity to provide additional input. Please note that if your survey is more than 12 months old, it is set to expire, so we encourage you to provide your updates to keep your survey active.

All of the information you provide is confidential to the Foundation and User Committee and will be aggregated anonymously unless you clearly indicate we can publish your organization’s logo and profile.

Remember you can hear directly from users and see the aggregate survey findings by attending the next OpenStack Summit [http://www.openstack.org/summit <http://www.openstack.org/summit>], October 27-30 in Tokyo. Thank you again for your support.

Heidi Joy Tretheway
Senior Marketing Manger
503 816 9769
skype: heidi.tretheway