[OpenStack Marketing] OpenStack Marketing Bulletin: User survey, new content & events update

Heidi Joy Tretheway heidijoy at openstack.org
Fri Sep 11 16:10:34 UTC 2015

OpenStack Marketing Bulletin
September 11, 2015

Greetings marketing community! We’ve revived the marketing bulletin to provide regular updates relevant to marketers in the OpenStack community.

Please mark your calendar for our next marketing community call, where we’ll be focusing on Liberty release information:
Tuesday, Sept. 29: 9:00 am PDT/ 4:00 pm UTC <https://openstack.webex.com/openstack/j.php%3FMTID=m1a75877d825e333c0b6a1cb2a18ae07b>
Tuesday, Sept. 29: 5:00 pm PDT/ Wednesday, Sept. 30: 12:00 am UTC <https://openstack.webex.com/openstack/j.php%3FMTID=mad59794f5cf974626036b0d2665a5258>

User survey
On Monday, September 14, we launch the latest version of our User Survey, which helps us understand how deployments and apps run on OpenStack. We've run this survey since April 2013, and in this cycle added new questions and options. We need your support to generate great feedback that will be shared the next OpenStack Summit. Watch for the new survey link coming by email on Monday. The deadline to fill out the survey is Friday, Sept. 25.

New content
Containers white paper <https://www.openstack.org/containers>
Containers are isolated, portable environments that enable developers to run applications along with all the libraries and dependencies they need. Potential containers users and current OpenStack users often question the need for both. See the highlights and download the white paper for a clear view of how OpenStack and containers work together, today and in the future.

New app dev page <https://www.openstack.org/appdev>
As part of a user-focused content strategy to speak to app developers, we’ve aggregated host of resources on this new web page. It features the community-generated First App Guide, SDKs and developer tools, Community App Catalog and the public cloud marketplace.

OpenStack: A Business Perspective <https://openstack.org/assets/pdf-downloads/business-perspectives.pdf> – coming next week to this link for download
The Enterprise Working Group, Business/Marketing sub-team has developed a booklet to help prospective OpenStack user IT executives and project managers understand how the software can work for their business, the difference between virtualized and cloud infrastructures, the use cases and success stories for each, and how to get started. It’s a great event takeaway to complement your own OpenStack collateral.

NFV/Telco white paper – coming later this year
We’re starting research and gathering community input to develop a Network Functions Virtualization white paper, spearheaded by Kathy Cacciatore and planned for release at the end of this year. Give your input on key messages and use cases for paper by adding your contact information to the content marketing etherpad <https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/Content_Team_Planning>.

Events
OpenStack Benelux Conference <http://www.meetup.com/Openstack-Netherlands/events/222369067/> - Sept. 17 - Amersfoort, Netherlands
Founding Partner Fairbanks NV is organizing the second official OpenStack Conference Benelux, with more than 750 registered attendees so far.

Gartner Symposium/ITxpo <http://www.gartner.com/events/na/orlando-symposium> – Oct. 4-8 – Orlando, FL
Find out why TD Bank Group reversed its original plan for a proprietary on-premises managed private cloud solution, and instead chose OpenStack. Jonathan Bryce hosts TD Bank for this presentation at 1:45 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 7 (session ID: SPS81).
We will be distributing “OpenStack to the Core” signs to display in your booth that will let attendees know that your company is a participating member of the OpenStack community. These are great conversation-starters for your prospects.
We’re at booth #542 — please stop by and say hello!

OpenStack Summit Tokyo  <https://www.openstack.org/summit/tokyo-2015/>– Oct. 27-30
Next week, watch for a press release previewing the Tokyo agenda <https://www.openstack.org/summit/tokyo-2015/schedule/main-conference> and keynote speakers. As always, the Summit hashtag is #OpenStack.
Registration is open now <https://www.eventbrite.com/e/openstack-summit-october-2015-tokyo-tickets-17356780598>—don’t delay on registering for what we expect to be a sell-out event. Prices increase Sept. 30, and online summit registration closes Oct. 19, after which time NO codes will be redeemable (this affects sponsors, speakers, and ATCs).
Our marketing meeting at the Tokyo Summit <http://sched.co/4AWB> is Thursday, Oct. 29 from 12:30-2:30 p.m. This is a working lunch session, so plan to pick up your meal and walk to the room. Agenda for this meeting is coming soon, and I’d love to hear your input on what you’d like to discuss in person. Just reply to this message!

I’m truly enjoying getting to know many of you in the OpenStack marketing community. Please feel free to respond and share any updates I’ve missed for marketers in the OpenStack community. If we haven’t yet connected, please feel free to get in touch <mailto:heidijoy at openstack.org>.  --Heidi Joy

Heidi Joy Tretheway
Senior Marketing Manger
503 816 9769
skype: heidi.tretheway