[OpenStack Marketing] Events planning for 2016, fresh content & opportunities

Heidi Joy Tretheway heidijoy at openstack.org
Fri Nov 6 23:46:10 UTC 2015

OpenStack Marketing Bulletin
November 6, 2015

Thanks so much to those who joined us in Tokyo! With more than 5,000 attendees, 90 sponsor companies and 100+ registered media and analysts attending, this conference was a tremendous success for our attendees and sponsors. It’s such a pleasure to work with this fantastic community.

ACTION ITEMS
We’re looking for your feedback on events (see below) as we plan for 2016. Be sure to reply!

Mark your calendars for the next Analyst Relations Working Group meeting.
Wednesday, December 2 at 17:30 UTC/ 8:30 Pacific <https://openstack.webex.com/openstack/j.php?MTID=m2859bfb65051b1c6e332b58fe7a070a8> for 30 minutes.

OPPORTUNITIES
The OpenStack marketing and events team is hiring <https://www.openstack.org/community/jobs/?foundation=1> a few fantastic people to help support the Summits and other events, looking for a variety of skills, experience levels and locations.

You can see some of the great content from interviews hosted by Superuser TV during the summit here <http://superuser.openstack.org/articles/section/superusertv>. Would you like to suggest an interview topic, an interviewee, or be involved in planning interviews at the next Summit? Let us know <mailto:editor at openstack.org>.

CONTENT
Check out our fantastic new batch of Summit videos:
Summit Recap <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j13REYVJ2g>
Keynotes & Main Conference Sessions <https://www.openstack.org/summit/tokyo-2015/videos/>
#vBrownBag Tech Talks <https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2rC-8e38bUXLTeUvvWxlp8EAKIfSadDp>
You can also view and download gorgeous Summit photos <https://www.flickr.com/groups/1574695@N22/pool/>, with many more to come.
Our Summit news & analyst coverage included several highlight articles:
OpenStack Foundation Announces Certification Program For Cloud Admins <http://techcrunch.com/2015/10/26/openstack-foundation-announces-certification-program-for-cloud-admins/?ncid=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Techcrunch+%28TechCrunch%29>
OpenStack community of 40,000 gathers <http://japan.zdnet.com/article/35072698/>
OpenStack adoption picking up pace <http://www.cloudpro.co.uk/leadership/5506/openstack-adoption-picking-up-pace>
Liberty Is First OpenStack Release Under ‘Big Tent’ Model <http://www.eweek.com/cloud/liberty-is-first-openstack-release-under-big-tent-model.html#LiO8o5AzRQRP242g.99>
Kirin brews OpenStack private cloud to reduce IT operation costs by 75 percent <http://www.computerworlduk.com/cloud-computing/kirin-brews-openstack-private-cloud-reduce-it-operation-costs-by-75-percent-3628348/>
OpenStack tool helps new users find relevant cloud projects <http://www.computerworld.com/article/2997757/cloud-computing/openstack-tool-helps-new-users-find-relevant-cloud-projects.html#tk.rss_all>

Don’t forget to use the News page <http://www.openstack.org/news> to promote your news. Just click "Post a News Article" in the header, and follow the instructions. We advised attending media at the Summit to watch this page, and we’re also happy to further promote you by tweeting your news. Be sure to include your contact info in the news releases or media advisories you upload.

Our NFV white paper is in progress and getting close to completion. We plan to bring a draft to the OPNFV conference and get input during sessions and meetings at the show.

The Foundation is collaborating with the community to develop key messages by audience that will be shared with the marketing ecosystem to develop cohesive messaging.
Want to get involved? Watch this webinar <https://openstack.webex.com/openstack/ldr.php?RCID=bcdde1ca1465e1783503fd4ca8670900> and contribute to the draft in progress <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Y-kFbnp0q8bnmCr113-wN88Mnk7WXCztl3S6jCmBVU8/edit>.

EVENTS
We’re working on our 2016 event calendar now and we’d appreciate your input <mailto:heidijoy at openstack.org> on the shows you plan to attend. Which events do you think are most valuable, and how can the Foundation best support you (e.g. with collateral, signage, giveaways or promotion)? Here are a few industry events coming up:

OPNFV Summit
Main conference: Nov. 11-12, 2015 in San Francisco
OpenStack Foundation Executive Director Jonathan Bryce is speaking on the keynote panel on Nov. 12.

Continuous Lifecycle London
May 3-5, 2016 in London, UK
Call for papers <http://continuouslifecycle.london/call-for-papers/> - deadline to submit is Dec. 1, 2015
Focus: DevOps tools and methodologies

OSCON 2016
May 16-19, 2016 in Austin, Texas
Call for speakers <http://conferences.oreilly.com/oscon/open-source/public/cfp/423> - deadline to submit: Nov. 24, 2015
Focus: All areas of the open-source ecosystem

2016 OPENSTACK SUMMITS
OpenStack Summit Austin - April 25-29, 2016
If you’re interested in being a sponsor, please review the Austin OpenStack Summit Sponsorship Prospectus Preview <https://www.openstack.org/summit/austin-2016/>. This high-level document is intended to help you with budget planning for the first half of 2016. A more detailed and final version of the prospectus will be available by early December 2015. Questions? Contact summit at openstack.org <mailto:summit at openstack.org>.

Important dates for the Austin Summit:
December 14, 2015 - Executable summit contract is made available for signature. Same process as previous Summits.
Mid-December, 2015 - Call for Speakers (CFP) opens.
January 20, 2016 - Invoices are mailed to confirmed sponsors. Confirmed sponsors begin booth location selection, receive access to the sponsor services site, receive registration codes, etc.
February 1, 2016 - Call for Speakers (CFP) submission deadline.
March 8, 2016 - Final date that signed sponsorship contracts will be accepted.

OpenStack Summit Barcelona - October 24-28, 2016
Details will be published in early 2016. Stay tuned to openstack.org/summit <http://openstack.org/summit> for updates.

The OpenStack Marketing Bulletin is a resource for the OpenStack marketing community, distributed every 2-4 weeks to the marketing mailing list <http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/marketing>. You’ll find upcoming events <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/190SjAy6wVpRfnhKCZPbPnKQbEdly2eA1Q7wqEzmNFmY/edit#gid=8>, opportunities to participate, fresh content <http://www.openstack.org/marketing>, and important dates. Watch for future marketing meetings <https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/Foundation/Marketing#Open_Marketing_Meetings_2014.2F2015> (use this link to see past agendas, slides, and recordings too). The bulletin is edited by Heidi Joy Tretheway <mailto:heidijoy at openstack.org> and your contributions are welcome.

Heidi Joy Tretheway
Senior Marketing Manager
OpenStack Foundation

503 816 9769