[OpenStack Marketing] OpenStack Marketing Bulletin - March 2014

Margaret Callard margie at openstack.org
Tue Mar 18 22:36:36 UTC 2014

OpenStack Marketing Bulletin

March 18, 2014

Please check out the latest OpenStack marketing bulletin with information, news and events to keep you up-to-date on community happenings.

Updates & Calls to Action

Register for the OpenStack Summit Atlanta, taking place May 12-16. We’ve extended early bird pricing to March 28, as speakers are being notified this week and the agenda is expected to go live early next week. The deadline to become a sponsor is March 31. Contact events at openstack.org for details.
Save the date. The OpenStack Summit Paris will take place the week of November 3 at Le Palais des Congres (Etoile) with keynotes/expo/breakouts running Monday – Wednesday and the design summit running Wednesday - Saturday across the street at Le Meridien.
The Analyst Relations team met on March 6 to discuss preliminary plans for the Analyst Session in Atlanta. The invitation-only event will take place Monday, May 12 from 12:45 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. The team also reviewed current OpenStack industry analyst research efforts in the works.
In the March 12 marketing meeting, we ran through upcoming events and the updates from the last Board meeting and Operator’s mini-Summit that took place the week of March 3. You can grab the slides here: http://slidesha.re/1dlX3ye
The Content Working Group met on March 14 to discuss marketing content updates in progress for the Icehouse release and plans for the future.
Icehouse feedback: we are in the process of interviewing users/operators regarding their thoughts on the upcoming Icehouse release. Please send us any users that might want to chat with us on trends they are excited about, new changes or features that will make a difference and so on. Conversations are informal and about 20 minutes. No prep needed.
Join the content working group: we created a mailing list for those interested in volunteering their time to help create and edit content. General team goals are to develop marketing content that can then be used by all community members. We also work to prioritize content that is in progress. Please volunteer even if you cannot make the meeting time.
Mark your calendars:
The next marketing meeting will take place March 27, where we’ll discuss the commercial logo program. Please join us; we’re looking for feedback.
The Icehouse release is coming Thursday, April 17. We’ll talk about what’s coming on the April 10 marketing meeting and the next marketing bulletin.
See a full list and register for upcoming marketing, analyst, and content working meetings on the wiki: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/Foundation/Marketing
The next User Survey is coming soon. We’ll alert the marketing list when available and please help us promote it.

Industry & Regional Events

Note: If you missed the Open Marketing Meeting on March 12 please reference the slides for more information on these events and speaking opportunities: http://slidesha.re/1dlX3ye

Industry Events
Cloud Connect Summit / Interop: March 31 – April 4, 2014/Las Vegas. OpenStack keynote with PayPal case study; OpenStack Boot Camp run by Randy Bias; Speaking opp by Francesco Paola/Seth Fox; Community Pavilion on the expo floor and panels. If you are exhibiting at Cloud Connect / Interop, please let us know if you would like to display an “OpenStack to the Core” banner!
World Hosting Days: April 1 – April 3, 2014/Rust, Germany. OpenStack booth, community kiosks (still available!), also hosting an executive dinner for hosting cos.
PyCon: April 10-12, 2014/Montreal, Canada. OpenStack booth needs volunteers; submit your job openings for the popular job board in the booth!
Cloud World Forum Europe: June 17-18, 2014/London, U.K. No sponsorship or booth, but OpenStack will be on the agenda with a featured speaking position and panel.
If you have any questions about industry events, please contact kathyc at openstack.org

Regional Events
March 25, Toronto organized by eNovance
March 27, Vancouver organized by eNovance
April 29, Mexico City organized by KIO Networks
May 9, Berlin organized by hastexo
May 26, Budapest
May 28, Paris organized by eNovance
May 29, Milan organized by Red Hat
June 2, Tel Aviv organized by GigaSpaces
June 5, London organized by Canonical
Additional meetups and community events can also be found on the OpenStack website: openstack.org/events

Speaking opps arranged by the submission deadline (note the event date):

LinuxCon Cloud Open Japan/ May 20-22, Tokyo: closes March 14
GigaOM Structure NA/ June 18-19, San Francisco: closes March 21
GTEC 2014/Oct 27-30, Ottawa: closes March 28
Texas Linux Fest 2014/ June 13-14, Austin: closes April 5
USENIX LISA ‘14/ November 9-14, Seattle: closes April 14
LinuxCon/CloudOpen North America/Aug 20-22, Chicago: closes May 2
LinuxCon/CloudOpen Europe/Oct 13-15, Dusseldorf: closes July 11

###