[OpenStack Marketing] OpenStack Marketing Bulletin - July 2013

Lauren Sell lauren at openstack.org
Thu Jul 18 17:19:57 UTC 2013

	View as google doc: https://docs.google.com/a/openstack.org/document/d/18wJVhLFhkgjun-_Rq3r0IDkdYM9PuJuOUrakIzxbsG0/edit

OpenStack Monthly Marketing Bulletin

July 18, 2013

Please check out the latest OpenStack marketing bulletin with information, news and events to keep you up-to-date on community happenings.

Updates & Calls to Action

The OpenStack Summit is coming to Hong Kong, November 5-8, 2013. Registration and call for sponsors is now open, and the deadline to submit speaking proposals is July 31!
The OpenStack marketing portal is now live! You can find the latest collateral, graphics, presentations and case studies at http://www.openstack.org/marketing
Submit your design for the first OpenStack t-shirt contest by August 1! The winning design and artist name will appear on the shirts printed for LinuxCon CloudOpen!
The next Open Marketing Meeting will be July 31, where will discuss industry event plans for the 2H 2013 and 1H 2014. Register now.
Margie Callard is organizing a team of volunteers who want to help produce marketing collateral. The first meeting will take place in August. Please contact margie at openstack.org if you would like to get involved.
If you missed the O'Reilly/OpenStack webinar last week, "OpenStack Development: The Infrastructure Behind the Infrastructure"  featuring Jim Blair, you can listen to the replay here: http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/e/2760
You can now subscribe to a OpenStack Marketing calendar iCal or HTML feed with monthly marketing meetings and industry events. Thanks to Rich Bowen who kindly volunteered to add events, and please contact lauren at openstack.org if you would like access to help update the calendar ongoing.
Last but definitely not least, we will celebrate OpenStack’s 3rd birthday, Friday, July 19. Highlights of the birthday celebrations include:
More than 40 user groups around the world are throwing parties: http://www.openstack.org/blog/2013/07/blow-out-the-candles-openstack-turns-3/
We’re celebrating contributors who have made OpenStack successful with the #OpenMic series on the OpenStack blog openstack.org/blog
Showcasing the latest stats and momentum (presentation also in the marketing portal): http://www.slideshare.net/openstack/openstack3bday
Hosting a large OpenStack Pavilion at OSCON and throwing a birthday party in Portland, Wednesday, July 24 with live music, food and BIG door prizes. RSVP: http://openstack3rdbirthday.eventbrite.com
Join the conversation using the #openstack3bday hashtag!

Latest News

OpenStack now boasts over 1,000 source code authors. -- June 4, 2013
Mirantis raises $10M from Red Hat, Ericsson and SAP Ventures - June 6, 2013
Morphlabs powers Globe Telecom's OpenStack cloud - June 7, 2013
Mirantis announces version 3.0 of its FUEL deployment tools for Openstack -- June 7, 2013
OpenStack has emerged as one of the largest open-source communities -- June 12, 2013
Red Hat releases its RHEL OpenStack Platform as a foundation for customers' OpenStack clouds -- June 12, 2013
HP releases HP Cloud OS, an OpenStack-based cloud platform. -- June 13, 2013
Red Hat commits to OpenStack at the Red Hat Summit. -- June 13, 2013
The OpenStack Foundation nears its 3rd anniversary. -- June 17, 2103
StackOps, in Spain, releases a suite of tools to make OpenStack simple for small service providers and enterprises. -- June 17, 2013
Fidelity Investments joins OpenStack. -- June 19, 2013
Cloudscaling brings Openstack clouds to AWS. -- June 24th, 2013
Why CERN chose OpenStack -- July 1
Red Hat aims OpenStack at service providers -- July 1
Kogan sold on OpenStack cloud -- July 8
Open-sourcing OpenStack stats with Stackalytics -- July 9
Open Source OpenStack Quantum Networking renamed to Neutron -- July 10
Object Storage adds Support for Erasure Coding -- July 10

Industry & Regional Events

Note: Please join us at the Open Marketing Meeting, July 31, if you would like to have input on the 2H 2013 and 1H 2014 industry events schedule (see above for details).

OSCON, July 22-26, Portland, OR - OpenStack will have the largest pavilion on the expo floor with 12 exhibitors from the community, and we’ll host a birthday party Wednesday, the 24th, with live music, paella and BIG door prizes. Space is limited and our parties are always at capacity, so please RSVP: http://openstack3rdbirthday.eventbrite.com
CONSEGI Brazil, August 13-15, Brasilia - Board Member Monty Taylor will be a keynote speaker at the conference. If you are attending or interested in supporting the event, please let us know.
LinuxCon CloudOpen, September 16-18, New Orleans - OpenStack is a sponsor. Jonathan Bryce will be a keynote speaker, and we have quite a few community members on the agenda. Please let us know if you are planning to sponsor or exhibit.
Cloud Interoperability Week, September 18-20, Madrid - StackOps will host an OpenStack tutorial, September 19, 2-6 pm.
Cloud Connect Shanghai, September 15-17, Shanghai - We are interested in having a presence at this industry show. Please contact Kathy if you are planning to exhibit, or want to help organize plans for the show.
GigaOm Structure Europe, September 18-19, London -  Tim Bell will be speaking about CERN’s case study, and there are several other community members like Randy Bias on the agenda. OpenStack is not sponsoring, but we may send some signage and swag. Please let us know if you are planning to exhibit.
Open World Forum, October 3-5, Paris - May co-sponsor with OW2; several OpenStack speakers scheduled for the community track and possibly the technical track
Gartner Symposium, October 6-10, Orlando - Exhibiting and presenting in the ITExpo theater.

We hosting an OpenStack Pavilion at the Gartner Data Center Conference, December 9-12 in Las Vegas.  The cost to participate with a pod is $12K and all participants must be approved by Gartner.

We are also considering a Pavilion at Cloud Expo Europe, February 2014, in London, based on interest from the community. Please contact Kathy Cacciatore (kathyc at openstack.org) if you would like to join either event.

Speaking opps arranged by the submission deadline (not the event date):

CloudOpen Europe, hosted by Linux Foundation, taking place in Edinburgh, UK — deadline July 21st
RSA Conference, one of the leading events in enterprise and information security technologies, in San Francisco, CA -- call for speakers open through July 26th
Innovation Through Cloud in Enterprise (ICE) Awards -- accepting nominations through 9:00pm EST on July 26th
Best of VMworld  2013 Awards -- deadline July 26th
InfoWorld Bossies "Best of Open Source Software" Awards -- deadline July 31st
Open World Forum, Paris, France - deadline July 31st
OpenStack Summit, Hong Kong - deadline July 31st
CloudBeat, hosted by VentureBeat in San Francisco, CA — deadline August 1st
All Things Open event in Raleigh, NC -- deadline August 1st

###