[OpenStack Marketing] OpenStack 3rd Birthday

Lauren Sell lauren at openstack.org
Wed Jul 10 19:58:12 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

Next Friday, July 19, we will be celebrating OpenStack's third birthday. In case you missed the last open marketing meeting, we have the following activities planned:
40 user groups around the world are coordinating celebrations: http://www.openstack.org/blog/2013/07/blow-out-the-candles-openstack-turns-3/
Celebrating contributors who have made OpenStack successful with the #OpenMic series on the OpenStack blog
Publishing a birthday landing page July 19 featuring stats, twitter feeds, pictures and highlights from the user group celebrations. You can see the latest stats and slides here: http://www.slideshare.net/openstack/openstack3bday
Hosting an OpenStack Pavilion at OSCON, the largest space on the expo floor, and throwing a birthday party at the event with 13 sponsors: http://openstack3rdbirthday.eventbrite.com
How you can participate:
Join the conversation - tweet, blog and post pictures using the #openstack3bday hashtag to be included in our aggregate blog post July 19, as well as twitter feeds on the birthday landing page and OSCON booth/party
If you are planning to post a blog about the significance of the milestone for the community, please send the intended URL for inclusion in our aggregate blog post by July 18 at 4 pm CT (send to shari at openstack.org)
Encourage contributors at your company (and in the community!) to submit for the #OpenMic series: https://etherpad.openstack.org/fivequestions
Access the third birthday graphics and latest presentation: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/opdm6e0pwe70sw2/MxAxxPr3UV
Attend or promote the birthday party at OSCON and your local user group celebrations!
We talked about crowd-sourcing a timeline using tiki-toki and community editors, but ultimately decided we did not have enough runway to pull it off this year. It's something we'd like to try next year, starting a few months earlier.

As always, the slides/recording for the last marketing meeting covering the third birthday, marketing portal, Hong Kong Summit and formation of a content team are available on the wiki: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/Foundation/Marketing

Thanks,
Lauren