[OpenStack Foundation] Proposals for individual board election

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Fri Nov 2 17:06:10 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 11/01/2012 02:39 PM, Carl Trieloff wrote:
> On 10/31/2012 03:36 PM, Stefano Maffulli wrote:
>> Why do you say that? Are the people elected not the best possible
>> people? Have they failed (or why do you think they will fail)
>> representing the interests of Individual Members? Do you believe that
>> some of them will vote for the company before they vote for the project
>> and not do what's best for OpenStack?
>
> yes, I've seen it too many times before.
>
> In my view, contribution is your ticket to be able to vote &
> contribution is your ticket to be able to nominate someone.

Key is: do the people who are voting in the election have any
relationship with other people involved in the project (who are not from
their company)? If not, how could they do otherwise than vote for people
affiliated with their organisation? They have no means of voting for
anyone else.

Cheers,
Dave.

--