[Foundation Board] OpenStack Deliverables Map -- Feedback Request

Lauren Sell lauren at openstack.org
Mon Sep 11 19:30:07 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

One more follow up note from me today. In the joint leadership meeting we presented a map of OpenStack deliverables, which includes a new structure to categorize OpenStack projects. The goal is to better communicate “what is OpenStack?” by bucketing the projects according to functionality and simplifying the appearance of the project ecosystem. The map also hides many of the supporting projects, like libraries, to focus on the user-centric deliverables view.

Here’s a link to the presentation the working group put together with the map:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1qQ1oCjhEE3bjtjkPydGhyeR6vFyuyFeOhbwc-WueddI/edit#slide=id.g253b34e9c2_0_24 <https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1qQ1oCjhEE3bjtjkPydGhyeR6vFyuyFeOhbwc-WueddI/edit#slide=id.g253b34e9c2_0_24>

We’re looking for feedback on the map on slide #3 and the buckets listed on slide #5 (which would equate to git repo directories). If you are unable to view the google presentation, please let me know, and I’ll email you the PDF.

Next steps:
1. Please add any feedback to this etherpad by September 19th — https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/map-feedback <https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/map-feedback>
2. Thierry and I are going to review/consolidate the feedback and work with the Foundation design team to do another rev of the diagram.
3. Once we have the next version ready, we’ll share it back and likely set up a meeting to refine/debate any final points.

The goal is to present the new map by Sydney, but we still need to work through the timeline for updating directory names / Github mirrors and communicating that to all appropriate stakeholders.

Thanks,
Lauren