[Foundation Board] What do customers want?: Six studies conducted by the OpenStack UX project on behalf of the community

Alan Clark ACLARK at suse.com
Thu Oct 20 21:31:38 UTC 2016

From: Pieter Kruithof Jr [mailto:pieter.kruithof.jr at intel.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2016 2:06 PM
To: foundation-board at lists.openstack.org; Alan Clark <ACLARK at suse.com>
Subject: Re: [Foundation Board] What do customers want?: Six studies conducted by the OpenStack UX project on behalf of the community

Thanks Alan!

I have chatted with the Product WG is familiar with our work and will be using them as part of their use case.  Also, Shamail Tahir is an OpenStack UX core and contributes regularly to the Product WG.

In the interest of time, my suggestion would be to read the “State of OpenStack User Experience October 2016” which provides a succinct overview of the research that was conducted, why it matters, results, and recommendations.  Each study is covered in three slides.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1hZYCOADJ1gXiFHT1ahwv8-tDIQCSingu7zqSMbKFZ_Y/edit?usp=sharing

We were also hoping to do a thirty-minute overview of the research and overall themes that have emerged from talking to users.  Unlike the Austin Summit, we will be able to provide very specific areas in need of focus.

At the Board meeting in Barcelona?  I wish we could but that won’t be possible. The agenda is overfull.  We’ll have to look at this for a future meeting.

Thanks for sharing the slides.  There are some interesting findings to go through.  What are the next steps on the varied recommendations in the slides?

-AlanClark

Thanks,

Piet