[Foundation Board] Thanks! I had a great time on the board

Rob Hirschfeld rob at rackn.com
Mon Jan 25 01:12:40 UTC 2016

Everyone!  Thank you for your wishes.

Yes!  I plan to stay involved and focused on ops and user ecosystem.  I
remain very passionate about user empowered open infrastructure and I hope
that OpenStack remains true to that vision.  Over the last year, my
perspective has been shifting to consider OpenStack one of the choices for
our users instead of the primary one.  I'm working to help make it easier
to migrate between OpenStack and other platforms - the classic "hybrid"
story.

Thanks,

Rob

On Sat, Jan 23, 2016 at 11:02 PM Alex Freedland <afreedland at mirantis.com>
wrote:

> Rob,
>
> I hope Randy is correct and a winding road will take you back to the Board
> in individual or any other capacity.
>
> In the meantime, I hope your passion for OpenStack remains unchanged and
> you will continue contributing your time and talent in whatever way you see
> fit. The relationships you built are here to stay and no official status
> can change it.
>
> Thank you for everything you have done to date and I no good-byes are in
> order.
>
> Alex
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Jan 21, 2016, at 7:29 AM, Rob Hirschfeld <rob at rackn.com> wrote:
> >
> > OpenStack Board,
> >
> > It's been a privilege serving with you and excited to see bring Allison
> uses her considerable open source experience into the fold.
> >
> > I believe that interoperability remains a critical factor for OpenStack;
> in fact, I'm shifting my focus to even broader cross-platform
> interoperability because I see that as a key to open cloud success.  I
> encourage the board to look at interop as building a broader ecosystem than
> just within the project boundaries.  This is not an OpenStack challenge
> alone but it is our opportunity to be true open software leaders.
> >
> > I'm happy to talk about this (or any topic!) with you individually.
> >
> > Thanks for the great years together.
> >
> > Rob
> > --
> > Rob Hirschfeld