[Foundation Board] Straw targets for 2017 Board meeting dates/times

Roland Chan roland at aptira.com
Thu Dec 8 01:54:26 UTC 2016

Thanks Alan.

I see that you're suggesting we meet at the PTGs, which isn't an event that
I was planning on attending. The travel impact for a one day (or closer to
a half day in Tahoe) meeting is significant for anyone who happens to be in
a location inconveniently far from the PTG.

Since the Gold sponsors are now relatively evenly spread across the globe
(> 50% from the "Rest of World"), and board membership is a definitely a
goal for many of us, this may be a larger problem in the future, especially
if this pattern is echoed in the individual elections as well.

Perhaps worth revisiting once the new board is constituted and the size of
the problem is known, but I have some disquiet about pegging 3/4 of the F2F
meetings to US locations.

Roland