[openstack-community] We are OpenStack, but who is We?

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Thu Mar 3 17:57:06 UTC 2016

On 03/02/2016 05:09 PM, Kavit Munshi wrote:
> Say that to the security at the entrance to the Dev lounge at a summit ;)

How can a *current* board member who goes to summits and talks to
Foundation staff regularly write something inflammatory and imprecise
like that? What are you trying to achieve?

The guards are not supposed to turn around anybody from entering the
Design area. If you're referring to the incident in Hong Kong, you could
have asked anyone at the Foundation who would have explained (again) it
was an honest mistake that has been fixed: instructions were
misinterpreted by the security and that's the end of it.

The *Design* area has been open to anybody _willing_to_contribute_ to
the design sessions, even if they have no ATC sticker on the badge.

If you are aware of people willing to contribute being turned away from
places where they could have contributed, that's a bug and you should
report it properly.

No silly jokes: you're a board member and these are serious issues.

/stef