[openstack-community] Houston OpenStack Meetup and OpenStack Houston

Openstack Houston info at openstackhouston.com
Wed Sep 2 18:12:49 UTC 2015

Good day Community!,

I have sent a request almost two weeks ago at this time regarding being
listed as an "official" user group as well as bringing OpenStack Houston to
fruition; very much like OpenStack Silicon Valley.

At this time I have not got back any response unfortunately and I have
attended a couple of the IRC meetings which did not yield any results as
well.

We have done all available/accessible tasks found at
https://groups.openstack.org/official-group-process and
http://www.openstack.org/brand/event-policy/ to be listed as an official
user group and begin the groundwork on having an OpenStack [Day] Houston.

If there is something missing please let us know so that we can get this
underway as we have reached out to a number of sponsors/companies and have
got them on-board but want to be sure we are in compliance with the
policies/procedures posted by the foundation.

If mentioned policies and/or procedures have changed please let us know so
that we can adjust accordingly. Being that is has been almost two weeks
already it would be great to get as much feedback as possible so that we
can make up some time. We really appreciate your consideration and look
forward to your response.

Kind regards,

Melvin Hillsman, Co-Organizer
Houston OpenStack Meetup / OpenStack Houston
info at openstackhouston.com
832.930.0395
@houstonosmeetup
http://openstackhouston.com