[openstack-community] New user groups workflow

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Wed Mar 18 23:27:24 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2015-03-18 at 11:53 +0800, Tom Fifield wrote:
> I think doing it post-approval allows them to come into the world in
> their best possible light - sending it when they first fill out a web
> form means that they get announced before we (the folks listed above and
> the submitter) have a chance to go in and fix anything ;)

My very personal opinion is that adding an initial step of selection to
a process that used to be quite open feels awkward. We used to simply
allow people to edit a wiki page and help them from there to go up to
become an 'official' group once they prove to be solid, plural,
accepting the principles of collaboration, and all described on
https://groups.openstack.org/official-group-process.

If you feel more comfortable with having the ambassadors engage in
private first, I won't argue anymore. It's your call.

/stef