[openstack-community] ask.openstack.org needs some support/contribution

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Wed Sep 4 00:35:19 UTC 2013

Hi Atul

We're having a meeting this week to prepare moderators of Ask OpenStack.
I sent an invite this Saturday to the General list and to this list (see
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack/2013-August/000907.html).

Give feedback to the poll (I say let's do it on Thursday 6pm PDT. I'll
send an announcement within a few hours.

On 09/03/2013 04:00 PM, atul jha wrote:
> As of now i see we have 223 unanswered questions and out of which

Thank you for looking into that. I suggest we don't get caught in
counting only the total number of unanswered questions as they are a
symptom for many different things. Unanswered questions can be caused by
people not giving enough details in their questions (and disappearing
after the comments) or asking for FAQs that are already answered or
would deserve just a RTFM as an asnwer, for example.

> Spread the word among your colleagues/friends/local user group/community
> which helps us getting more contributor here.

Definitely more people cleaning up the questions would be helpful. Local
user groups can be a good resource. Stay tuned for the online meeting to
discuss how to improve the moderation skills :)

Cheers,
stef