[openstack-community] Regarding Tempest for Integration testing of Openstack Environment

Girija Sharan girijasharansingh at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 05:31:23 UTC 2012

Hello,

I am trying to do Integration testing of Openstack environmment (Devstack)
using Tempest.
I have my setup with multi node installation of Devstack i.e. one
controller and one compute node.
On controller node I am having my Tempest root directory and I have also
installed Coverage, Tissue
and Openstack-nose as it was mentioned in the setup.cfg file. I have also
changed the tempest.conf file
according to my localrc file.

I am totally new to Tempest and trying to have hand on this. Currently I am
running tests in the directory
" tempest/tests ". But although most of the tests are OK, I am getting some
tests FAILED and in some tests
some errors (I have attached a file containing its total output).

I am having some issues like :
1). whenever I am running any test I am getting a WARNING. I am running
using :
     ~/tempest$ nosetests -v --with-tissue --tissue-color --with-openstack
tempest/tests
2). when I am running entire tempest/tests it is showing total 350 tests,
but where are all these tests.
     I am not finding them anywhere ?
3). when I ran tempest/tests/network and tempest/tests/image individually,
I got 0 test results.
     Don't know why it is so ?
4). I want to understand the test scripts already provided and then to
write my own. But I am not getting that
     from where (which test) I should start because I am new to Python also
?
5). I want to now more about functioning of Tempest and Nose. Could you
please suggest me some useful
     tutorials or links for beginners.

I am attaching a file containing the test results on my setup.

Thanks and Regards,
Girija Sharan Singh