[OpenStack Marketing] 2018 Event Portfolio, PTG Dublin Announcement, OpenStack at KubeCon

Allison Price allison at openstack.org
Wed Nov 29 16:15:20 UTC 2017

The OpenStack Summit Sydney is a wrap! Thank you to our attendees and sponsors! Check out the 50 things you missed in Sydney <http://superuser.openstack.org/articles/openstack-sydney-summit-recap-50-things-need-know/> as well as over 100 articles covering the event <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SEKx8DFpBwPjxkgtABUgzMzRt18ZHHbxSl-tTQNvv5s/edit?usp=sharing>.

OpenStack Events 2018 Sponsorship Opportunities
The 2018 OpenStack Foundation events portfolio <https://www.openstack.org/assets/events/2018EventPortfolio-1127.pdf> is now live, including sponsorship opportunities for both Summits, PTGs and OpenDev! As we’re adding more events, we’re also improving the sponsorship packages, including lowering the cost of headline or premier sponsorship of the Summit. These changes are designed to make it easier for our established sponsors to participate in new activities and help us grow the open infrastructure landscape in 2018. You can also expect to see exciting new projects and tracks at our events, covering areas such as container infrastructure, edge computing, CI/CD and machine learning. Stay tuned!

OpenStack Summit Vancouver
Summit registration opening this week
Sponsor sales <https://www.openstack.org/summit/vancouver-2018> open on December 14 at 11:00am CST/17:00 UTC
Join us on Thursday, November 30th at 9:00am PST for a webinar where we will highlight what is new for Vancouver and answer any questions about the prospectus and contract process:
https://zoom.us/j/630399748 <https://zoom.us/j/630399748>
US: +1-669-900-6833  or +1-408-638-0968  or +1-646-876-9923
Meeting ID: 630 399 748
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=OvXz5wRp2Ctrtlp74cWpgXUQ0U3-qekR <https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=OvXz5wRp2Ctrtlp74cWpgXUQ0U3-qekR>
Dublin PTG
The “Rocky” release Project Teams Gathering will be held at Croke Park in Dublin, Ireland February 26-March 2nd
Registration is now live: https://rockyptg.eventbrite.com <https://rockyptg.eventbrite.com/>
For more information on hotel block, travel support, visas, and sponsorship opportunities, check out https://www.openstack.org/ptg <https://www.openstack.org/ptg>

OpenStack at KubeCon NA | December 6-8
The OpenStack community will have a booth at KubeCon. If your organization is sponsoring, the Foundation is planning to distribute small placards & stickers to show your support for OpenStack and open infrastructure in your booth. If you have a booth and would like a placard, please email denise at openstack.org <mailto:denise at openstack.org>.
We’ll be promoting joint OpenStack + Kubernetes users like LivePerson, the new Public Cloud Passport <http://www.openstack.org/passport> program and OpenLab <http://www.openlabtesting.org/>, the testing effort which is initially focused on gophercloud, Terraform and Kubernetes.
Mark your calendar for these sessions (all times CST at the event in Austin):
OpenStack community update <http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/kubecon-and-cloudnativecon-north-america/program/schedule>, Thursday 3:50 - 4:25 pm.
Containerized Cinder for Bare Metal Kubernetes <http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/kubecon-and-cloudnativecon-north-america/program/schedule>, Friday 2:45 - 3:20.
SkyTV OpenStack + Kubernetes user story <http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/kubecon-and-cloudnativecon-north-america/program/schedule>, Friday 4:25 - 5:00 pm.
OpenStack SIG working session, Friday 3:40 - 5:20 pm. And yes, we’re going to roll into a happy hour! Steve Gordon & Chris Hoge are co-chairing the session and accepting agenda items. Please join us and send your teams -- we need resources and help with OpenLab end-to-end testing and updating/maintaining the OpenStack provider for Kubernetes! https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/AUS-kubernetes-sig-openstack-deep-dive <https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/AUS-kubernetes-sig-openstack-deep-dive>
Participate in cross-community storytelling sessions with OpenStack and Kubernetes community leadership: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/kubecon-brainstorm-2017 <https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/kubecon-brainstorm-2017>
If you are attending KubeCon and would like to volunteer to staff the OpenStack booth, please select a day and time here <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10vCQLKQonxztkueeomWXOqo_TKGSOAOZeAG-jt6yis0/edit?usp=sharing>.