[OpenStack Marketing] Bulletin: Summit recap, telecom webinar, new science/HPC assets

Heidi Joy Tretheway heidijoy at openstack.org
Tue Nov 8 22:32:09 UTC 2016

OpenStack Marketing Bulletin
Nov. 8, 2016

BARCELONA SUMMIT RECAP
Thanks for making the Barcelona Summit a success! Whether you were there in person or in spirit, the energy, collaboration, and user stories coming out of that event are fantastic.

Thanks especially to those of you who capitalized on our marketing community collaborative campaign, “The World Runs on OpenStack,” by tweeting your customer stories with the hashtag #RunsOnOpenStack. Take a look <http://www.openstack.org/user-stories/> at the compelling stories for a wide range of workloads and global users. At the top of the page, you’ll be able to replay our campaign video featuring great user snippets and stats.

At the marketing community meeting in Barcelona (not a recorded session), we talked about our 2017 plans and concerns. The meeting was too short to dig into everything, and we encourage you to add to the collaborative doc <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PO2c10ifA959vRu9gYzerG6LZmfEVRIq25OnzL5-BzU/edit> so that we can take your needs into account during our 2017 marketing planning sessions next week.

On the OpenStack videos <https://www.openstack.org/videos> page, don’t miss keynotes packed with user stories and some of the best demos ever. (I won’t spoil the surprise, but don’t miss the fun!)

Analyst Relations/ Press recap from Barcelona
The Foundation made several announcements immediately before and during Summit week, including news about the Newton release, newly commissioned research from Heavy Reading and 451 Research, the Interoperability Challenge, and growth of the COA program. Read all about it, here <http://www.openstack.org/news>.

More than 50 analysts from Europe, the U.S. and APAC attended a half-day session focused on giving them greater access to users including Banco Santander, Snapdeal, SAP, BBVA, Walmart, Volkswagen, China Mobile, AT&T, China Telecom and 99Cloud. Other sessions focused on the growth of OpenStack in China and the rise of the project among telecom users.

Jennifer Fowler moderated a panel of journalists and analysts in Emerging Technologies, Threats and Opportunities for the Future of Open Source Cloud <https://www.openstack.org/summit/barcelona-2016/summit-schedule/events/16901/emerging-technologies-threats-and-opportunities-for-the-future-of-open-source-cloud>. Frederic Lardinois of TechCrunch, Sean Kerner of eWeek and Owen Rogers of 451 Research shared frank insights into how they view the future of open source with an audience of about 150.

TELECOM SURVEY RESULTS WEBINAR
Please join Roz Roseboro, senior analyst at Heavy Reading, for an informative look into a recent telecom survey commissioned by the OpenStack Foundation. Roz will provide in-depth analysis of the responses about OpenStack usage, benefits and engagement for NFV, IoT, 5G and enterprise cloud. Register here <http://www.openstack.org/telecoms-and-nfv/> to join the live webinar tomorrow, November 9, at 11am CST (UTC-6) or view the recording afterward.

NEW SCIENCE LANDING PAGE AND HPC BOOK
Be on the lookout for the new science web page, and an OpenStack & HPC book, in time for Supercomputing 2016, which kicks off Nov. 13. The book details five considerations for HPC workloads on OpenStack, accompanied by several case studies. The new page will be live at openstack.org/users/science <http://www.openstack.org/users/science>.

BOSTON SUMMIT
December 14th at 15:00 UTC - Sponsorship sales open <http://www.openstack.org/summit/boston-2017/>

OPENSTACK DAYS COMING UP
Nov. 14th:  OSD Canberra, Australia
Nov. 19th:  OSD Natal, Brazil
Nov. 22nd: OSD Paris, France
Nov. 22nd: OSD Montreal, Canada
Dec. 7-8th: OSD Mountain West, Salt Lake City, Utah
Check out the OpenStack Days <https://www.openstack.org/community/events/openstackdays> website for information on how to host an OpenStack Day, a new OpenStack Day Toolkit for organizers, videos and photos from around the world, and a list of all upcoming OpenStack Day events. Sponsorships are still available.
The OpenStack Marketing Bulletin is a resource for the OpenStack marketing community, distributed every 2-4 weeks to the marketing mailing list <http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/marketing>. You’ll find upcoming events <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1N6Fi1iAgpkDKMkcaTh8s7pwPzwjKuPzJJdgxR8bA29E/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=992025170.>, opportunities to participate, fresh content <http://www.openstack.org/marketing>, and important dates. Watch for future marketing meetings <https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/Foundation/Marketing#Open_Marketing_Meetings_2014.2F2015> (use this link to see past agendas, slides, and recordings too). The bulletin is edited by Heidi Joy Tretheway <mailto:heidijoy at openstack.org> and your contributions are welcome.