[OpenStack Marketing] Gartner request for 30-min user interviews at Vancouver Summit

Robert Cathey robert at cathey.co
Mon Mar 23 19:23:21 UTC 2015

Hi, all. Wanted you to know about another opportunity for visibility of
your customer success stories at Vancouver.

Donna Scott and Arun Chandrasekaran of Gartner are working on a research
note, and they'd like to schedule 30-minute interviews with enterprise
users. From Donna's email:

"Arun and I are planning another note on OpenStack, this one focused on use
cases. If you have opportunities for us to have 30 minute interviews with
enterprises using OpenStack, we’d like to schedule them. Thank you."

...I asked her about NDA...

"Yes we are willing do to the interviews under NDA. However, we’d like to
publish a paragraph about their OpenStack use and drivers. Their name could
be disguised (e.g., a F500 bank, a large telco, etc) if they like. They
would have the opportunity to review it. But the purpose of the interviews
would be for publication (with or without their name). We would probably
include 10-12 different examples maybe with 3-4 use cases (say 4 primary
use cases with 3 each). So each write-up would just be a paragraph or two
(so pretty high level). We would not want to publish anything that would be
NDA. But many of these companies have already gone public at OpenStack
Summits – so this would be similar but to a different audience."

Hopefully, this is helpful. If you have users that might agree to
participate, let Jennifer (jennifer at cathey.co) or I know, and we'll connect
you with Donna.

Best

Robert