[OpenStack Marketing] OpenStack Marketing Bulletin Update: June 2014

Margaret Callard margie at openstack.org
Tue Jun 3 16:48:25 UTC 2014

OpenStack Marketing Bulletin

June 3, 2014

Please check out the latest OpenStack marketing bulletin with information, news and events to keep you up-to-date on community happenings.

Updates & Calls to Action

We’ve received incredible feedback on the Atlanta Summit, and want to thank you not only for your sponsorship, but for all the work that goes into preparing product launches, speaking sessions, booth activities, evening events etc.
Key themes we discussed at the Summit were the Software-Defined Economy and rise of the Superuser, which are change agents, who we believe are making their organizations competitive in the software-defined era.
All session videos are now available to view.
Jonathan Bryce summarized user involvement and growth in a blog post after the Summit. We’ve also created a user story playlist highlighting the amazing users who spoke at the Summit, like Wells Fargo, Disney, Bloomberg, AT&T, Sony, DigitalFilm Tree, Comcast and more.
The Foundation made some big announcements at the Summit, and we welcome your feedback and participation as we grow these initiatives:
OpenStack Marketplace - A new destination for users to discover and research OpenStack-related products and services. We currently offer five categories of products & services, which we plan to expand over the next year. Get your company listed or provide feedback by contacting ecosystem at openstack.org.
Superuser publication - A new publication to facilitate knowledge sharing and collaborative problem solving among individuals who are running and using OpenStack clouds of all sizes, across all industries. We’re looking for innovative case studies and how-to articles, please contact: editor at openstack.org.
Next up: Paris! Save the date. The OpenStack Summit Paris will take place November 3 - 7 at Le Palais des Congrés (Etoile). Keynotes, expo and presentations will run Monday – Wednesday, and the “k” release Design Summit will run Tuesday - Friday across the street at Le Meridien.
Please note the new Design Summit dates. Based on feedback from the Atlanta Summit, we moved the “k” release Design Summit (which was planned to run Wednesday - Saturday) back to Tuesday - Friday.
Check back for the Paris prospectus and call for speakers in the next few weeks. We’ll make an announcement to this list.
Want your customers featured on the main stage? We had a great mix of users in Atlanta, and we’re on the hunt for notable users with compelling stories to speak in Paris, especially any users based in Europe. Please let us know if you have any customers that might be a good fit.
A new ‘Win the Enterprise’ team formed at the Summit with support from the Board of Directors with two different focus areas: addressing technical gaps for running enterprise workloads and marketing to enterprise users. The team is working through a charter and initial gap analysis with plans to break into sub-teams (working groups) shortly. We’ll continue to update you on deliverables as this team takes shape.
The User Committee covered the latest user survey results at the Summit, and the data and presentation is now available.
In July we are celebrating the OpenStack 4th Birthday, which is a time for the community to reflect on progress and consider opportunities and challenges that lie ahead.  We invite all registered user groups to get involved and again host a local birthday party in your region. The Foundation will provide some monetary support, birthday graphics and video/slide content to present during the party. To participate please answer the questions in this Google Form by June 9 and contact Allison Price, allison at openstack.org, with any questions.

Meeting Schedule

Analyst Relations Team Meeting - 11:00 a.m. central - Friday, June 13, 2014 - Agenda: review ATL results, discuss Paris analysts/requests. Register
Content Team Meeting - 2 p.m. central  - Tuesday, June 17, 2014 - Agenda: review content team goals/add into Enterprise efforts or keep separate. Register
Marketing Community Meeting - 10:00 a.m. central - Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - Agenda: review 2H marketing initiatives and events. Register
See a full list and register for upcoming marketing, analyst, and content working meetings on the wiki: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/Foundation/Marketing

Q2/Q3 Industry and Regional Events

Industry Events
Cloud World Forum Europe: June 17-18/London, U.K. - No sponsorship or booth, but OpenStack will be on the agenda with a featured speaking position and panel.
OSCON, July 20-24/Portland, OR - We will not have a booth, but there are several speaking sessions and we’ll be hosting a happy hour on Tuesday. Open Cloud Day will take place Monday, and we are looking for a flagship user to speak.
CloudOpen, Aug 20-24/Chicago, IL - we are with the Linux Foundation organizers again to spotlight a big OpenStack user. Please contact us with leads.
If you have any questions or users who can speak at industry events, please contact kathyc at openstack.org.

Regional Events
June 4th, OpenStack London organized by Canonical
September 19th, OpenStack Benelux Conference organized by Fairbanks
We just wrapped up fabulous events in Budapest, Paris, Milan and Tel-Aviv, and will be sharing pictures and takeaways shortly! Thank you to the organizers!
Additional meetups and community events can also be found on the OpenStack website: openstack.org/events. Please contact claire at openstack.org if you have any questions or are planning an event.

Speaking opps arranged by the submission deadline (note the event date):

Cloud Expo West, Internet of Things Expo, and DevOps Summit @ Cloud Expo (co-located events).  All 3 CFPs open through June 15.  Events are November 4-6 in Santa Clara, CA.
Fossetcon.  CFP open until June 15.  Event is September 13-15 in Orlando.
DEVIEW 2014 (DEveloper's VIEW). CFP submissions due by June 30.  Event is September 29-30 in Seoul, South Korea.
CloudOpen and LinuxCon Europe.  Submit by July 11.  Event is October 13-15 in Dusseldorf, Germany.
Ubucon.DE.  CFP deadline is July 31; go to site, click on Call for Papers.  Event is October 17-19 in Katlenburg, Germany.
Software Defined Enterprise World Forum.  CFP available now, no deadline listed.  Event is September 10-14 in London, England.
FSOSS.  CFP is open now, no deadline listed.  Event is October 23-24 in Toronto, Canada.

###