[OpenStack Marketing] Linux Journal Special Supplement Adv Offer

Lauren Sell lauren at openstack.org
Mon Sep 30 18:10:18 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

We've been working with Linux Journal on an OpenStack special supplement for their November issue, and they would like to offer an advertising discount to the OpenStack ecosystem.

More details below, and if you are interested, please feel free to get in touch with John Grogan. The deadline to participate in the November issue is October 8th.

John Grogan
Advertising Director, Linux Journal
713-344-1956 x120
john at linuxjournal.com

We haven't promoted offers like this on the Marketing mailing list in the past, but I've gotten some interest from different marketing folks looking for demand gen opportunities. If you have any feedback on receiving (or not receiving) these types of offers, please feel free to respond to the list or let me know. I wouldn't pass along advertising offers from every vendor looking to exploit our ecosystem, but we've had a positive experience working with Linux Journal so far and figured it would make a good trial run = )

Thanks,
Lauren

Linux Journal offer from John:

We will offer a full page ad, in a premium position at the 6x rate (for just the one issue; no further commitment required) of $3490. We will also include 75,000 web impressions, a newsletter sponsorship and one Facebook mention/promotion at no additional cost.

The online edition will also be heavily-promoted Premium Content which will require registration to access. Participating advertisers will share the leads for each month. Last time we did this with a supplement it generated over 1000 leads per month.

And any company who wants to commit to all four supplements will receive an additional 10% discount.  We will also make cover sponsorships available for each issue.