[OpenStack Marketing] User Survey - Pls Help Promote

Lauren Sell lauren at openstack.org
Mon Sep 9 15:55:01 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

You may remember before the April Summit we helped the User Committee run a survey to aggregate OpenStack deployments and share the results.

The first User Survey  provided great insight to the types of deployments and technology decisions made by the OpenStack community. We were able to catalogue 230 unique deployments, and you can see the results presented by the User Committee at the Summit: http://www.openstack.org/summit/portland-2013/session-videos/presentation/openstack-user-committee-update-and-survey-results. Another huge benefit was the ability to uncover new users willing to talk about their OpenStack deployments, which can be found at http://www.openstack.org/user-stories.

Today we are kicking off the next round of the User Survey, and we need your help promoting it!  The link and instructions to take the survey can be found at http://www.openstack.org/user-survey. If an organization filled out the survey earlier this year, there's no need to start from scratch. They simply need to log back in to update their Deployment Profile. The information provided is confidential and will only be presented in aggregate unless the user consents to making it public.

As marketers, you understand the value of data we can collect and share with this survey. Please help us promote it by retweeting @openstack (https://twitter.com/OpenStack/status/377092501729206272), leveraging the example text below across your company communications channels and reaching out directly to your OpenStack customer base. The more users we have participating, the better the stats will be for all of us to leverage.

The deadline for users to complete the survey in order for their responses to be counted in the next report is September 30 at 23:00 UTC.   Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best,
Lauren

Example Text:
If you are an OpenStack user or have customers with OpenStack deployments, please take a few minutes to respond to our User Survey or pass it along to your network.

The first User Survey conducted April 2013 provided great insight to the types of deployments and technology decisions made by the OpenStack community. You can see the results in the recorded presentation and slides from the User Commtitee at the Portland Summit (http://www.openstack.org/summit/portland-2013/session-videos/presentation/openstack-user-committee-update-and-survey-results).

Below you’ll find a link and instructions to complete the User Survey by September 30, 2013 at 23:00 UTC. If you already completed the survey in April 2013, there's no need to start over. You can simply log back in to update your Deployment Profile, as well as take the opportunity to provide additional input.

Take the Survey (http://www.openstack.org/user-survey)

All of the information you provide is confidential to the Foundation and User Committee and will be aggregated anonymously unless you clearly indicate we can publish your organization’s logo and profile.

Remember you can hear directly from users and see the aggregate survey findings by attending the next OpenStack Summit, November 5-8, in Hong Kong (http://www.openstack.org/summit).

Thank you again for your support.