[OpenInfra Foundation] Initial setup of OpenStack's Community Metrics Dashboard with Bitergia

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Aug 16 08:11:26 UTC 2022

Georg Link wrote:
> [...]
> *What project structure do we want on the dashboard?*  We can combine
> data sources in a project structure to allow filtering data in the
> dashboard for each project. To be specific, we need a list of
> repositories and mailing lists and how they should be grouped in
> “projects”. With OpenStack’s community size and scope, there are
> different ways we can set this up and we’d like to discuss with you what
> a good starting configuration is.
>
> We could maybe use the info from the governance repo in defining
> projects:
> https://github.com/openstack/governance/blob/master/reference/projects.yaml#L1770
>
> A caveat with this approach: My understanding is that the projects.yaml
> file matches teams to repositories but does not include special interest
> groups. Would we be missing something?

Thanks Georg for starting this discussion on how to best track OpenStack
activity in the OpenInfra Community dashboards.

The repositories actively used by OpenStack are defined in 3 different
files in the openstack/governance git repository[1].

As you've seen, project teams (producing OpenStack software, part of the
OpenStack releases) are defined in the reference/projects.yaml file.
This is the most important activity to track. I would use one group for
each project team.

Repositories used by SIGs are defined in reference/sigs-repos.yaml. For
this we could have one group per SIG, or one group for all SIG work. The
former probably makes more sense as those are different workgroups, but
the level of git activity there is usually pretty low...

Repositories used for the governance of the project by the Technical
Committee (TC) are defined in reference/technical-committee-repos.yaml.
A single "Technical Committee" group should cover them all.

Another option would be to just have one "Other" group covering all the
"non-project-teams" repositories (SIGs + TC).

[1] https://opendev.org/openstack/governance

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)