[OpenInfra Foundation] Initial setup of OpenStack's Community Metrics Dashboard with Bitergia

Georg Link georglink at bitergia.com
Mon Aug 15 18:00:00 UTC 2022

Hi everyone,

As part of the OpenInfra + Bitergia partnership, we are going to set up an
OpenInfra Community Metrics Dashboard on the Bitergia Analytics Platform
for the OpenStack community.

I’m reaching out to discuss how to configure the dashboard, specifically:

*What project structure do we want on the dashboard?*  We can combine data
sources in a project structure to allow filtering data in the dashboard for
each project. To be specific, we need a list of repositories and mailing
lists and how they should be grouped in “projects”. With OpenStack’s
community size and scope, there are different ways we can set this up and
we’d like to discuss with you what a good starting configuration is.

We could maybe use the info from the governance repo in defining projects:
https://github.com/openstack/governance/blob/master/reference/projects.yaml#L1770

A caveat with this approach: My understanding is that the projects.yaml
file matches teams to repositories but does not include special interest
groups. Would we be missing something?

Another approach could be to have a more general overview of the software
projects on the OpenStack Map: https://www.openstack.org/software/

If it would help, we could set up an open meeting in which we discuss the
pros and cons of different setup options.

Best,
Georg

--

Georg Link*, Ph.D.*

Director of Sales

TZ: US Central (Chicago) Time

Stay connected! LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/georglink/> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/georglink>

www.bitergia.com | @Bitergia <https://es.linkedin.com/company/bitergia>

Software analytics for your peace of mind