[OpenStack Foundation] September 7, 2021 Board meeting summary

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Sep 7 16:30:25 UTC 2021

Jonathan asked me to send the Executive Summary today, so here it is!

The Open Infrastructure Foundation Board of Directors met by video
conference today Sept 7, 2021. The agenda[1] was posted online ahead of
time.

[1]
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/Foundation/7Sep2021BoardMeeting

The board first approved the minutes from the June 29th meeting, then
welcomed Eoghan Glynn as a new Director, replacing Daniel Becker for Red
Hat. The Board then heard a presentation from Microsoft about joining as
a Platinum member. After a number of questions and discussion, the board
followed its normal member review process and held a short executive
session. Following the executive session the board voted to approve
Microsoft as a Platinum member of the Open Infrastructure Foundation.
This is very exciting news for the Foundation. Let's all welcome
Microsoft to the OpenInfra family!

Following that, the OpenInfra Foundation staff presented an update.
Allison Price and Jimmy McArthur covered the growth of our member
ecosystem, and how Board members can help in that process. Erin Disney,
Kendall Nelson and Ashlee Ferguson presented upcoming events for the
remainder of 2021. We've had great success with the weekly OpenInfra
Live series and will be doing an expanded version of it in November
called OpenInfra Live: Keynotes. Sponsorships are available, contact
erin at openinfra.dev if interested. We will also have a virtual Project
Teams Gathering (PTG) the week of October 18. Registration is open at [2].

[2] https://openstack.org/ptg

Allison Price then presented the upcoming marketing campaigns, including
one of the hybrid cloud use case starting in November 2021. Finally,
Erin Disney and Ashlee Ferguson presented our event strategy for 2022.
The current plan is to do a virtual PTG again in the spring of 2022,
followed by an in-person summit in June 2022. Later in the year, we are
planning to return to an in-person PTG. We hope that the health and
safety conditions will improve to a point where we can implement this in
2022, but will of course adjust as needed.

The last item on the agenda was an update on the Diversity & Inclusion
Working Group plans from Amy Marrich.

Thanks to everyone who joined,

--
Thierry