[OpenStack Foundation] [all] IRC Channel Renames

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Jan 26 21:44:30 UTC 2021

On 2021-01-26 12:45:24 -0800 (-0800), Kendall Nelson wrote:
> So! This is the plan:
>
> - #openstack-ptg  -> #openinfra-ptg
> - #openstack-forum -> #openinfra-forum
> - #openstack-diversity -> #openinfra-diversity
> - #openstack-board -> #openinfra-board (this one has already begun)
> - #openstack-foundation -> #openinfra
> - #openinfra-summit -> #openinfra-summit
[...]

This seems reasonable. The only hitch is that if we start using the
base #openinfra channel for foundation discussions, we should
probably continue to mention #opensourceinfra in the channel topic
for a while in case any stragglers are looking for where the

It also might be a good opportunity to think about our current
channel fragmentation, and consider whether we should be combining
some of these to simplify our communications. For example, -forum
and -summit and -board might make sense to just mash into #openinfra
if discussion volume and lack of separation aren't a concern. Just a
thought... there's likely to be no better time than now to decide
that, at least.
--
Jeremy Stanley