[OpenStack Foundation] [all] IRC Channel Renames

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Jan 25 21:11:52 UTC 2021

On 2020-12-17 12:43:01 +0100 (+0100), Thierry Carrez wrote:
> Jeremy Stanley wrote:

> > > It looks to me like this is mainly a project by pleia2, fellow
> > > ex-infra-root, and also both the channel and the associated mailing
> > > list don't look too active in recent years, so maybe we can get into
> > > contact and consider some cooperation or possibly a handover?
> > [...]
> >
> > I'm happy to reach out to them and ask whether they're
> > interested in having that become an Open Infrastructure Foundation
> > general discussion channel or something, but keep in mind that not
> > all the people involved in that community are necessarily fans of
> > OpenStack or the foundation (even some who were previously
> > contributors to OpenStack or to the Project Infrastructure team).
>
> Seems worth a try! We should not assume that they will necessarily say no.

After talking to Lyz, that community has decided to relocate their
discussions to the #opensourceinfra channel, so has granted control
of #openinfra to us as of 2020-12-22 (and I officially added it to
our channel access management bot last week). Conversations there
aren't logged yet, and it would be nice of us to leave that channel
itself unused and their forwarding address in the topic for a while
still, but we should be able to proceed with making use of the
namespace for renaming/recombining our existing foundation-specific
channels to #openinfra-whatever as time permits.
--
Jeremy Stanley