[OpenStack Foundation] [Foundation Board] bylaws change proposed for multiple Vice Chairs

Allison Randal allison at lohutok.net
Sat Feb 20 18:20:16 UTC 2021

Hi Amy,

Good question, and we considered it, but the word Chairman is used all
over the bylaws, including in protected sections. So, we decided to
leave that bigger change for later, after the Diversity & Inclusion WG
reviews the full bylaws.

The Vice Chairs are only mentioned in these few paragraphs of the
bylaws, so it's a small change, and can be made by a simple board vote.
(Which makes it possible to move ahead with the Vice Chairs election for
this year.) But, we did choose to use the more inclusive "Vice Chairs"
instead of "Vice Chairmen" so we won't need to change this language
again later.

Thanks,
Allison