[OpenStack Foundation] [all] IRC Channel Renames

Dr. Jens Harbott j.harbott at x-ion.de
Wed Dec 16 08:03:28 UTC 2020

Am Di., 15. Dez. 2020 um 19:33 Uhr schrieb Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org>:

> On 2020-12-15 12:20:58 -0600 (-0600), Ryan Beisner wrote:
> > My $0.02 over lunch:  I think #openinfra-* would be a fitting move
> > with the same number of digits and a recognizable moniker.
> [...]
>
> The blocker there is that we can't control the #openinfra-*
> namespace on Freenode because the #openinfra channel is already
> taken by the separate https://opensourceinfra.org/ community.

It looks to me like this is mainly a project by pleia2, fellow
ex-infra-root, and also both the channel and the associated mailing
list don't look too active in recent years, so maybe we can get into
contact and consider some cooperation or possibly a handover?

My fallback suggestion would be to build on the #opendev channel which
we already have in active usage and use that as a prefix for the other
channels.