[OpenStack Foundation] [tc][board][all] - Adding OpenStack community support to the savedotorg campaign

Graham Hayes gr at ham.ie
Tue Nov 26 16:34:42 UTC 2019

On 26/11/2019 16:16, Jimmy McArthur wrote:
> From my reading of the situation, it’s a done deal. It seems like ICAAN just crammed it through. Is there new info out that could reverse it?
>
> Thanks,
> Jimmy

My understanding is it looks bleak, but there is a chance to shame the
owners into halting the sale.

I think ICAAN can still block the same (until December 13th, 30 days
after they were notified), and through pure poor marketing, and
raising our voices, this could help convince the current owners of
PIR (who is ISOC) to re-consider the idea.