[OpenStack Foundation] establishing channel for optional feedback re: pilot projects

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Tue Mar 12 22:39:20 UTC 2019

Jonathan Bryce <jonathan at openstack.org> writes:

>> On Mar 12, 2019, at 7:40 AM, Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com> wrote:
>>
>> <Arkady.Kanevsky at dell.com> writes:
>>
>>> Mohammed,
>>> Is the goal to have a doc where we collect feedback per pilot project from Board? TC? Community?
>>
>> We were asked specifically about the process the TC preferred for being
>> involved in the evaluation of new OIP applications, in order to handle
>> the step where the leadership groups of other confirmed projects have a
>> chance to provide their input.
>
> Thanks for chiming in here Doug. This specific request is to the TC as the process allows for official input from other confirmed projects’ governance bodies when a new project is being considered for confirmation. This could be anything from a simple email to me and Alan, a formal resolution from the TC, or even a decision to not have an opinion. Since we’re just setting up this process, I was hoping to hear how the TC would like to be involved so we can make that part of the workflow for each of the projects that come up.
>
> We will be having the next Board meeting on April 8 (4 weeks from yesterday), where we will do an initial review of pilot projects that wish to apply. At this point, that could include Kata Containers and Zuul, although we are just starting to work with the projects on their portion of the confirmation process. I think if the TC wishes to provide feedback on either of those projects, it would be ideal to have it ahead of the April 8th meeting.
>
> Jonathan

Can you give us an idea of what format that review meeting will take? Is
the team going to put together a slide deck, for example? Having
whatever materials they will be presenting available for the TC to
review seems like a good start, although I don't know whether that's
possible given the current schedule.

What sorts of input would the board be interested in hearing? Are there
specific questions, or is it more a matter of looking for general
comments?

--
Doug