[OpenStack Foundation] January 29 Board Meeting

Jonathan Bryce jonathan at openstack.org
Tue Jan 29 19:32:38 UTC 2019

Today the OpenStack Foundation Board of Directors held a teleconference meeting. The agenda was posted on the wiki beforehand[1].

To open the meeting, the Board approved the meeting minutes from the December 11 call. Next, Alan Clark thanked outgoing Board members and welcomed new Board members for 2019, who briefly introduced themselves. Alan then ran through reminders on Board policies and procedures to ensure everyone was familiar with them as we kick off a new year of activities.

Allison Randal gave an update on the work effort to draft guidelines for confirming pilot projects as full open infrastructure projects of the Foundation. She shared the current draft[2] and asked for comments and input. This week the work group will also be meeting with pilot project teams to get their feedback on the draft. The goal is to have a final set of guidelines ready for the Board to approve at the March 5 Board meeting.

Next, I presented some high level slides on the Foundation status, strategy and priorities for 2019[3]. We’ve already kicked off work efforts around these goals, and if any of you have any questions or would like to get more involved in any of them, please reach out to me.

Thanks,

Jonathan

1. https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/Foundation/29Jan2019BoardMeeting
2. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1orx3mdE-ALUcIX37VgRZ3Nu8h0yShD0xZGLBT3VepIw/edit