[OpenStack Foundation] Becoming an Open Source Initiative affiliate org

Arkady.Kanevsky at dell.com Arkady.Kanevsky at dell.com
Thu Feb 28 21:12:06 UTC 2019

Great job Thierry.

-----Original Message-----
From: Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2019 2:52 PM
To: foundation at lists.openstack.org
Subject: Re: [OpenStack Foundation] Becoming an Open Source Initiative affiliate org

[EXTERNAL EMAIL]

Thierry Carrez wrote:
> In the mean time, the OSI is interested in adding signatures to their
> recent "Affirmation of the Open Source Definition":
>
> https://opensource.org/node/966
>
> According to [1], this is not limited to their affiliates, and they
> "will add more organizations as they reach out to be included".
>
> [1] https://twitter.com/OpenSourceOrg/status/1093546182465458177
>
> I think this is a statement the OSF can get behind, and it does not
> come with further requirements. Time is of the essence to add
> ourselves to that, since they are still making a lot of communications
> around this. I propose that we reach out the OSI to add the OpenStack
> Foundation immediately to that list of signatures, in parallel to
> pursuing formal OSI affiliation.

The Foundation was just added as a signatory to that affirmation!

OSI's announcement is at:
https://twitter.com/OpenSourceOrg/status/1101202880239886336

In parallel, we'll review the requirements for OSF to be added as an associate organization, so that the decision can be presented to the Board in a future meeting.

--
Thierry Carrez