[OpenStack Foundation] Becoming an Open Source Initiative affiliate org

Arkady.Kanevsky at dell.com Arkady.Kanevsky at dell.com
Fri Feb 8 16:24:53 UTC 2019

+1

From: Sean McGinnis <sean.mcginnis at gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, February 8, 2019 9:15 AM
To: Davanum Srinivas
Cc: Thierry Carrez; foundation at lists.openstack.org
Subject: Re: [OpenStack Foundation] Becoming an Open Source Initiative affiliate org

[EXTERNAL EMAIL]
In the mean time, the OSI is interested in adding signatures to their
recent "Affirmation of the Open Source Definition":

https://opensource.org/node/966

According to [1], this is not limited to their affiliates, and they
"will add more organizations as they reach out to be included".

[1] https://twitter.com/OpenSourceOrg/status/1093546182465458177

I think this is a statement the OSF can get behind, and it does not come
with further requirements. Time is of the essence to add ourselves to
that, since they are still making a lot of communications around this. I
propose that we reach out the OSI to add the OpenStack Foundation
immediately to that list of signatures, in parallel to pursuing formal
OSI affiliation.

I'd support this path +1 @ttx

+1 from me as well.