[OpenStack Foundation] Becoming an Open Source Initiative affiliate org

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Feb 8 10:28:23 UTC 2019

Hi everyone,

Since the affiliate agreement asks for some requirements that we need to
clarify, it will take a bit of time to process.

In the mean time, the OSI is interested in adding signatures to their
recent "Affirmation of the Open Source Definition":

https://opensource.org/node/966

According to [1], this is not limited to their affiliates, and they
"will add more organizations as they reach out to be included".

[1] https://twitter.com/OpenSourceOrg/status/1093546182465458177

I think this is a statement the OSF can get behind, and it does not come
with further requirements. Time is of the essence to add ourselves to
that, since they are still making a lot of communications around this. I
propose that we reach out the OSI to add the OpenStack Foundation
immediately to that list of signatures, in parallel to pursuing formal
OSI affiliation.

Thoughts ?

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)