[OpenStack Foundation] Becoming an Open Source Initiative affiliate org

Davanum Srinivas davanum at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 12:01:49 UTC 2019

Thierry,

2012 was around the time the affiliate agreement was drafted, but
governance OSI itself was not fully in place. So there were concerns about
clauses in there (see the 48 hours rule). other things i remember was ASF
as a 501c3 having to pay for it. That's when ASF quietly pulled out if i
remember right. However there were several people like JimJag were on the
board of the OSI with their personal hat on and guided the OSI for a while.

thanks,
Dims

[1] https://opensource.org/affiliateAgreement