[OpenStack Foundation] Platinum Membership Opening

Jonathan Bryce jonathan at openstack.org
Fri Jan 20 22:58:56 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

As many of you have probably heard, HPE has made changes in their open source strategy, including the way they engage with the OpenStack community. With these changes, they notified us of their decision to resign their Platinum Membership, which results in an opening this year.

At the upcoming Board meeting on Tuesday Jan 24th, we’d like to discuss the timeline for considering new Platinum Member applications. The Platinum Member Agreement (http://www.openstack.org/legal/platinum-member-policy/) covers the process for new Platinum Members to be elected in broad terms in Section 4.  You can also review the general framework the Board uses to consider new Gold and Platinum members: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/Foundation/PotentialMemberCriteria

Please reach out to me if your organization is interested or if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Jonathan