[OpenStack Foundation] November 17 Board of Directors meeting

Edgar Magana edgar.magana at workday.com
Mon Nov 21 23:17:28 UTC 2016

Great minutes both of you! I already tweet about yours Mark!

Thanks,

Edgar Magana

On 11/21/16, 2:49 PM, "Mark McLoughlin" <markmc at redhat.com> wrote:

    On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 6:42 PM, Jonathan Bryce <jonathan at openstack.org> wrote:
    > Last Thursday, the Board of Directors had a teleconference meeting. The
    > agenda was posted online
    > https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__wiki.openstack.org_wiki_Governance_Foundation_17Nov2016BoardMeeting&d=DgICAg&c=DS6PUFBBr_KiLo7Sjt3ljp5jaW5k2i9ijVXllEdOozc&r=G0XRJfDQsuBvqa_wpWyDAUlSpeMV4W1qfWqBfctlWwQ&m=u4DqCcMgWwkiomxh1P4VEQsoPJx_uDwSRVo7eX1G6t0&s=9tOJiPN_gHaPoyniGOye2hic2zokLrQdXlOYTeMqVno&e=
    >
    > The first portion of the meeting was an executive session to finish
    > discussing the Gold Member applications that were unable to be reviewed at
    > the meeting before Barcelona. After the executive session ended, the Board
    > voted in open session to add 3 additional Gold Members, all global companies
    > based in China: China Telecom, ZTE and Inspur. The addition of these 3
    > companies fills up all available Gold Member spots. Some directors expressed
    > an interest in expanding the number of available slots. If you are
    > interested in participating in that discussion, Shane Wang started a
    > discussion thread on the Foundation mailing list on the topic.
    >
    > Next the User Committee gave an update on the work they have been doing to
    > create elected positions voted on by AUC members. They expect to present
    > again at the December Board meeting.
    >
    > Finally, the Board used the remaining time to talk about several strategic
    > issues impacting OpenStack. Toby Ford started the discussion off with some
    > thoughts on items that he sees as a large OpenStack operator around scaling
    > OpenStack environments up and down, and also additional technology options
    > that will be important in the future. The discussion was very lively and
    > something that clearly needed more time and effort to cover. Board members
    > agreed to start to document and collect their thoughts and to revisit the
    > topic again in upcoming Board meetings.

    Thanks, Jonathan. I've posted my own informal recollection of the meeting here:

    https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__crustyblaa.com_november-2D17-2Dopenstack-2Dfoundation-2Dboard-2Dmeeting.html&d=DgICAg&c=DS6PUFBBr_KiLo7Sjt3ljp5jaW5k2i9ijVXllEdOozc&r=G0XRJfDQsuBvqa_wpWyDAUlSpeMV4W1qfWqBfctlWwQ&m=u4DqCcMgWwkiomxh1P4VEQsoPJx_uDwSRVo7eX1G6t0&s=fhnvNVQq2at2DwVkItpT83SU9ns0-4ymLaXWyKElZoo&e=

    Thanks,
    Mark.