[OpenStack Foundation] April 24 Board of Directors Meeting

Jonathan Bryce jonathan at openstack.org
Mon May 2 21:02:03 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

Last week before the OpenStack Summit Austin, the Board of Directors convened to discuss a variety of topics, as well as participate in a joint meeting with the Technical Committee and User Committee.

First, we kicked off the meeting with an update on the Summit metrics (more than 7,500 registered from 60+ countries), the launch of the Certified OpenStack Administrator exam (http://www.openstack.org/coa) and the Foundation P&L, which is tracking well for the year.

Next the Board heard an update from the User Experience working group, who conducted usability studies last week. This was followed by an update from the DefCore committee, who are preparing their next slate of capabilities for review in the August board meeting and working with the Tempest team and community to define new tests.

Finally, EasyStack and UnitedStack, two startup companies based in China, presented their applications to become Gold Members of the Foundation. The Board approved both companies, excited about expanding our reach in the China market.

We then kicked off the joint meeting with the TC and UC which covered a lot of strategic topics, including contribution trends, infrastructure & testing management, evolving the Design Summit format and how OpenStack can provide a single platform for VMs, bare metal and containers. The product working group also talked about a new potential process for tracking user stories throughout the development process.

Thank you to everyone for your support and for the engagement throughout the week on these and other important discussions.

Thanks,
Jonathan