[OpenStack Foundation] Updating the OpenStack Mission Statement

Allison Randal allison at lohutok.net
Thu Feb 11 23:40:44 UTC 2016

On 02/11/2016 05:39 PM, Mark Collier wrote:
> On February 11, 2016 4:35:28 PM Shamail <itzshamail at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>  I have a few very small changes/suggestions for consideration...
>>
>> 1) Change "it should be easy to use" to "That is easy to use"
>>
>> 2) s/work/works/
>>
>> 2) Someone had mentioned changing the word "instances" to something
>> else (I can't find the exact word/phrasing).  Can we possibly consider
>> "deployments" or "providers" instead?  (Provider doesn't necessarily
>> have to be a service provider but can also refer to internal teams)
>
> I agree that "instances" could prove confusing.
>
> You could say between "clouds" or "deployments", I think.

+1 for "deployments"

Working through the rest of Shamail's suggestions, adding some grammar
changes for consistency, that brings us to:

To produce a ubiquitous Open Source Cloud Computing platform, that is
easy to use, simple to implement, interoperable between deployments,
works well at all scales, and meets the needs of users and operators of
both public and private clouds.

(I swapped the order of "interoperable..." and "works...", so it only
needs "is" once, instead of repeating it half-way through.)

Allison