[OpenStack Foundation] Updating the OpenStack Mission Statement

Esker, Robert Rob.Esker at netapp.com
Fri Feb 5 04:50:31 UTC 2016

Whether “progressively evolve” or “integrates with relevant technologies” is employed, the crux of the discussion indeed was to establish that the how and what of OpenStack isn’t a static thing… that it ought continuously evolve to attain / maintain the mantle of ubiquitous.

Also, it appears something may have been lost in the revisions. While "simple to implement" is important (and I don’t recall anyone advocating trimming that), there was also a desire to specifically target ease of use / ease of consumption.  I’d definitely advocate for a return of that… perhaps: “simple to implement & use” or something to that effect.

- Rob