[OpenStack Foundation] [Diversity] re: Diversity Workgroup APAC 2015-08-27

Roland Chan roland at aptira.com
Tue Sep 29 04:06:35 UTC 2015

Thanks Lauren, it looks a lot better now.

​

-  if we want to do something along these lines, perhaps we just say just
ask whether or not they are an ATC?

I think that would be useful.

​

- I think questions #5 and 6 could also benefit from structured responses

I found it difficult to get this right. Categorisations (particular for
ethnicity) that make sense in one part of the world don't make sense in
others. I tried for a while, but couldn't produce anything usable.

​

Finally, what do you think about including some kind of satisfaction
question, such as how satisfied / included / influential they feel working
in the community? It might be interesting to correlate that feedback with
the data.

​It's not strictly in the scope of what was initially discussed, in the
sense that we were originally just trying to build a picture of the
community. However, there's definitely room in the Survey and it's a
fundamental measure of quality. I think it should go in.

​Thanks again,​

​​
Roland