[OpenStack Foundation] [Diversity] re: Diversity Workgroup APAC 2015-08-27

Eoghan Glynn eglynn at redhat.com
Thu Sep 17 03:29:47 UTC 2015

> I'm working with Lauren on the distribution of the survey, and with the
> i18n people on translation. I'm targeting sending out in w/c 27/9, so I
> would want to wrap up any changes early next week. Allowing for thinking
> time and discussion, feedback by the end of this week would be best.

In addition to my previous feedback on the religion and educational
attainment, I would also recommend changing this question:

  "Please rate your level of engagement with, or participation in, the
   OpenStack community"

to avoid a 1-10 scale in the answer, since it's not grounded and is too
subjective (one person's 6 is another person's 9).

Instead I'd recommend anchoring the question in well-defined categories,
e.g. as suggested up-thread:

Involvement in OpenStack (tick all that apply):

 * do you hold an elected position in the governance structure of OpenStack?
   (Foundation board member, TC member, and/or PTL)

 * are you a core reviewer on an OpenStack project?

 * were you an Active Technical Contributor over the Liberty release cycle?

 * were you an Active Technical Contributor over any prior release cycle?

 * have you attended one or more OpenStack summits?

 * is working on OpenStack your fulltime job?
   (either in the community or in an internally-facing role)

 * ... etc.

Cheers,
Eoghan