[OpenStack Foundation] [Diversity] September 17 Meeting Reminder

Roland Chan roland at aptira.com
Thu Sep 17 01:13:43 UTC 2015

In case I don't make it, here is my first draft introductory note for
survey. It attempts to explain the reasons for the survey and deal with
privacy issues. Happy to have it returned to me in a completely different
state!

Roland

The OpenStack Foundation has a deep commitment to fostering the diversity
and inclusivity of the OpenStack community. The Foundation has created a
Diversity Working group to formulate, deliver and monitor a program to
increase the diversity of the community.

As part of this effort, the Diversity Working Group is surveying the entire
OpenStack community to establish a baseline view of the community. This
baseline will allow the working group and the community to measure how
successful the diversity and inclusion programs are over time.

This survey asks you, members of the OpenStack community, a variety of
questions some of which relate to topics which you may view as personal and
private. It is not the intent of the survey to invade the privacy of the
community, it is simply to gather information on the make up of the
community.

Should you not wish to disclose any piece of information please do not
answer that question. The survey will protect the anonymity of each
respondent and all individual answers will not be able to be tied to any
particular respondent.