[OpenStack Foundation] [Diversity] re: Diversity Workgroup APAC 2015-08-27

Wang, Shane shane.wang at intel.com
Mon Sep 7 15:02:18 UTC 2015

+1.

Best Regards.
--
Shane
-----Original Message-----
From: Stefano Maffulli [mailto:stefano at openstack.org]
Sent: Friday, September 04, 2015 12:32 AM
To: foundation at lists.openstack.org
Subject: Re: [OpenStack Foundation] [Diversity] re: Diversity Workgroup APAC 2015-08-27

On 09/03/2015 06:22 AM, Roland Chan wrote:
> Mate, you should come to the meetings.

I think mailing list discussions are a lot better at building opinions and consensus, while in-real-time meetings are useful mostly to make a decision (based on previous conversations).

My feeling, based on the conversation we've had so far, is that asynchronous communication works quite well: it's inclusive (based on the quantity of people involved), cheap (as opposed to international calls), accessible to non-English speakers (as opposed to phone call, where mastering English is mandatory) and more friendly than a phone call for those shy, not outspoken by nature or culture.

/stef