[OpenStack Foundation] [Women-of-openstack] [OpenStack][Women of OpenStack] Kick-off Meeting Info

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Sep 3 16:16:48 UTC 2015

On 2015-09-03 15:16:40 +0000 (+0000), Courtney Ferry wrote:
> There are pretty good instructions for using IRC on the OpenStack Wiki
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/IRC and Freenode site
> https://freenode.net/using_the_network.shtml.
> And a tutorial here: http://www.irchelp.org/irchelp/irctutorial.html

Agreed, those are great.

> If you have questions that aren't covered there, please let me
> know. I'm happy to do an IRC walk through, if needed.

I was actually suggesting an IRC tutorial might be helpful for
people who would rather have conference calls because they're
disinclined to learn how to conduct meetings the way the rest of
OpenStack does. If you've already determined to switch to IRC
meetings then it sounds like it wasn't a substantial hurdle after
all.

See http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/ for instructions on adding your
regular meetings to the schedule, and
http://docs.openstack.org/infra/system-config/irc.html#starting-a-meeting
for some helpful hints on how to interact with our meetbot to take
advantage of logging and autogenerated meeting minutes. Don't
hesitate to let me or others in the Project Infrastructure team know
if you have any questions or need further assistance!
--
Jeremy Stanley